Friday, March 20, 2015

Introducing Autograph Fridays

I haven't been updating this blog as often as I'd like, figuring that if there isn't content worth adding then perhaps it's best left alone. This however is not what the "blogging experts" recommend, they suggest adding content frequently and consistently.
I probably will expand at some point to talk a little more about the books themselves but for now I really like to just focus on the little histories that are found inside the books themselves. Those little reminders of a previous life that the book itself once enjoyed.

Things are starting to pick up again and I myself am slowly emerging from a semi hibernation of sorts as I start to be less and less affected by the weather forecast for the day.
The particularly bad New England winter that we have had this year has slowed down my acquisitions but I still have a number of things that I need to get around to adding to the blog.

In the last few days I began to wonder what interesting content I could come up with for the blog and had a eureka moment a few days ago. I was sitting at my desk trying to come up with some ideas and suddenly realized that the answer was sitting right next to me.

I keep a big pile of signed/autographed books and have been ignoring this growing behemoth for sometime.

Then I thought there is something in these books that was left there by the authors/illustrators etc.. THE SIGNATURE!!!!

And so I will begin adding posts of signatures on a regular basis look for the tag "Autograph Fridays"

Hopefully it may provide some interest for readers and if nothing else it should be pretty cool.

Do you have any signed books? What's your favorite?  Is there any that you wish you had?


No comments: