Tuesday, March 25, 2014

"Hey Good Looking ... Whatcha Got a Cookin"



This morning I was flicking through a number of cookbooks when I noticed that one still had a piece of wrapping paper attached to the rear cover. Usually a sign that a book has been given or received as a gift. Perhaps as a Christmas or Birthday present. Maybe a housewarming gift or a gift from a parent to a child who has recently grown and moved into their first apartment. The possibilities that surround the gifting of books are endless but I bet that Hallmark have come up with a card for each possibility.
My interest was piqued and I flipped through the pages of this particular cookbook noting that it was in perfect condition. I was looking for a dedication, so often inscribed in the first page or two that identify that unique event that would solve my self-created puzzle.

I found no such inscription but I did find attached to the cover inside a gift card. I will head to the store that issued the gift card later today as I have to mail some books that people have ordered and I will update the blog with the value if any of this gift card.

I would normally contact the owner of the book but in this particular situation there is absolutely no way for me to determine who the owner was.

Very curious today :-)

No comments: