Thursday, April 3, 2014

A Mothers Support For Her Son

I was going through today's books and found an old Alcoholics Anonymous book. It looked to never have seen any use and I know from my past sales that there is a strong demand for these books. My heart sank when I saw the inscription from a mother to her son inside the front cover. It reads:
"Dear Ernesto,
I've always been very proud of who you are. I know that it takes a tremendous amount of courage and faith to do what you are now doing. You are not alone, God is always with you and I am here to help you as well. Only one Day at a Time

Love, Mom "

The fact that the book has seen very little use makes me wonder just where Ernesto is today and if he managed to win his battle. I hope he did and that he is somewhere living a successful life and that his mother remains proud of her son.

No comments: