Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Bookmark Wednesday


One of the most common findings for me is bookmarks. People tend to leave bookmarks in their books from when they begin to read a book all the way to the end.
Initially I wasn't too interested in including them in this blog but I do tend to keep them in a little stash because some are kind of fascinating.

I haven't added anything to this blog for a while but I want to get back into it as my wife, who is a writer, recently mentioned that she likes to see the blog and finds it interesting.Who knows maybe others will find it interesting too.

Most of the bookmarks I find hidden in books are from the bookstores where the books were originally purchased and without people buying new books in bookstores I would never get the opportunity to do what I do. So I wanted to return the love.

I simply ask that if you are thinking of purchasing a new book, please try to purchase it from one of the stores I link to from the blog or failing that seek out your own local brick and mortar bookstore and help to keep independent bookstores alive.

And so every Wednesday I will add a new bookmark that I have found. Some will be still in existence and some will not. Some will be simple and others will be extravagant. Where possible I will include a link to the store and urge you to purchase a book or two from them. These will not be site sponsors or advertisers and I will not make any money from the links so do not despair.

To kick off the "Bookmark Wednesday" idea, I will start with my local bookstore: Porter Square Books. They have a great following my area and it is well deserved. They provide fantastic customer service in a very clean and well curated book store.

Their red bookmark contains their motto "Eat, Sleep, Read"
You can find Porter Square Books on the web at http://www.portersquarebooks.com
Twitter: @PorterSqBooks
Facebook: Porter Square Books

No comments: